Pages - Menu

Friday, September 24, 2010

The Presurfer 2000 - 2010


The Presurfer International Headquarters is closed for today. I'm having a party right now! It's not a big party because there's just me. But I'm wearing a funny little hat and there are meatballs. Because today marks the 10th anniversary of The Presurfer.


The Presurfer began 10 years ago and has evolved from a personal link page to what it is today. Is that really something to celebrate? Yes, I think it is. According to The Internet Archive the lifespan of the average web site is 44 to 75 days. The Presurfer has been here for 3,650 3,652 days (thanks Bogdan).

On September 24, 2000, I started at webhosting company Homestead. When visitor numbers grew and Homestead didn't satisfy my needs, I moved to meepzorp.com on June 2, 2002. Meepzorp is best known for Everlasting Blort, a blog by Kevin and Julie.

Kevin graciously offered me space on his servers when I didn't know where to go. He didn't ask anything in return. There are wonderful people on this planet and Kevin is one of them.

As a coincidence, Everlasting Blort started on the same day as I did and they're also celebrating their 10 year anniversary. Please find the time to visit Everlasting Blort and congratulate them.

On February 1, 2007, I moved to Blogspot where I am still today.

Like I said, I'm having a party and I wish you could be here today. Because you made the past 10 years a delight. What's there to celebrate when you have a web site with no visitors. Fortunately, The Presurfer has lots of visitors. Thank you for your loyalty. Here's to the next 10 years.

Another Article

No comments:

Post a Comment