Pages - Menu

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Paying Back Musicians

Many of us own music that we didn't pay for. We don't feel guilty about shafting the record company, but what about the musicians themselves? Here's how it works:

Pick a musician, write them a letter, scan or photograph the letter and send it to 'Dear Rockers,' mail off the letter along with $5, and enjoy your new, guilt-free life.

Dear, Mr. Rose, I'm sorry, I hope you won't invite me to 'get in the ring,' but I downloaded some of your soon-to-be-finished songs from the soon-to-be-released Chinese Democracy.

It made me feel good, it made me feel cheap and it made me feel guilty. So in return, I wanted to give you back the $17, one dollar for every year you have spent polishing this gem in the studio.

Another Article

No comments:

Post a Comment