Pages - Menu

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Downloading Windows Moviemaker

Someone decided to download Microsoft's Windows Moviemaker. This is what he said:
So I went back to Microsoft.com and looked at the instructions. I have to click on a folder called Windows XP. Why should I do that? Windows Update knows I am on Windows XP...

...What an absolute mess....

...So after more than an hour of craziness and making my programs list garbage and being scared and seeing that Microsoft.com is a terrible website I haven't run Moviemaker and I haven't got the plus package...


Who is this someone? Well, It's Microsoft's Bill Gates himself. It's from a leaked memo from Microsoft, it's several pages of Gates just laying into his design and programming staff for - among other issues - his personal experience when trying to install Windows Moviemaker. And it's a very fulfilling read if you've ever been frustrated by a Microsoft product.

Another Article

No comments:

Post a Comment